- Oil-immersed transformers
- Molded transformers
Changes of Molded Transformers
Recommendation of preventive maintenance
After years of operation, an oil-immersed transformer reaches its end of life. The failure rate of oil-immersed transformers tend to become high after 15 years of operation. Even though the appearance is fairly good, there are possibilities of dangerous conditions.
- Number of years of use exceeds 15 years.
- Vibration, abnormal sound (beating noise, chattering noise and Corona noise)
- Fuming or foul smell
- Cracks in the insulation material
- Parts degradation, frequent failure
Benefits of preventive maintenance
- Preventive Maintenance means “preventive action against failure occurrence” and is abbreviated as PM.
It is a particularly important type of maintenance.
- This “preventive maintenance” exerts its power effectively during the “wear-out failure period” in the bathtub curve.
What you can expect from PM:
– Accident prevention – Prevention of aging degradation – Extension of life span