- Oil-immersed transformers
- Molded transformers
Changes of Molded Transformers
Recommendation of Upgrade
Easily diagnose the degree of deterioration of the resin in molded transformers
Optical deterioration diagnosis service for molded transformers MOLMOS
- MOLMOS diagnoses the degree of deterioration (mass reduction rate) by measuring the optical reflectance in the dark surface color of the epoxy resin.
- Evaluation of the remaining service life for optimal upgrade planning.
- Evaluation of the degree of deterioration for optimal maintenance planning.
- Evaluation of the quantitative degree of deterioration degree based on numerical data.
The service life of a molded transformer is greatly affected by the deterioration of its insulating epoxy resin. Epoxy resins become brittle and easily break down due to darkening and a decrease in mass caused by thermal deterioration.
Fuji Electric extra-high or high voltage molded transformers.
No significant discoloration, dirt, or repainting.
Capability to power down the transformer during measurement.
As of the end of March 2022, we have performed diagnosis on 1,000 molded transformers.
Although day-to-day visual observations and insulation resistance measurements taken at periodic inspections were unable to find abnormalities, we will propose economical maintenance and upgrade plans based on quantitative diagnostic indicators such as the degree of deterioration and remaining service life by using optical diagnosis of deterioration.