ESGEnvironmental Vision 2050
Environmental Vision 2050
Fuji Electric is committed to achieving a sustainable society through its energy and environment businesses. We announced the “Environmental Vision 2050” in 2019 to determine the direction of the Company’s long term environmental activities.
We recently revised our “Fiscal 2030 Goals” to achieve our “Environmental Vision 2050” in light of social trends of striving to achieve a decarbonized society.
Environmental Vision 2050
|We aim to contribute to the achievement of a decarbonized society, a recycling-oriented society, and a society that is in harmony with nature by expanding the use of Fuji Electric's innovative clean energy technologies and energy-saving products.|
|Achieve a Decarbonized Society||Target carbon neutrality across the supply chain|
|Achieve a Recycling-Oriented Society||Promote green supply chains and 3R* activities to reduce the environmental impact to zero|
|Achieve a Society that is in Harmony with Nature||Aim for zero impact on the ecosystem through corporate activities that contribute to biodiversity|
Fiscal 2030 Goals
Fiscal 2030 Goals
We aim to achieve the following goals in order to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels.
|●Greenhouse gas emissions throughout the supply chain (Scope 1+2+3*1):||Reduction of over 46% (compared to FY2019)|
|●Greenhouse gas emissions through production (Scope 1+2):||Reduction of over 46% (compared to FY2019)*|
|●Contribution to CO2 reduction in a society through our products:||Over 59 million tons/year|
- Reduction rate for FY2013: 54%
Approach to goal revision
In recent years, the trend of “decarbonization” has accelerated in response to the growing problem of climate change. At COP26*2 in 2021, 197 countries and regions agreed to actively take initiatives to limit temperature increase to “1.5°C” above pre-industrial levels. As a result, the “1.5°C goal” has become a common goal throughout the world.
In light of this global trend, Fuji Electric revised its “FY2030 Goals” in its “Environmental Vision 2050” in March 2022.
The goal revision is as follows.
- We have established a new reduction goal for “greenhouse gas emissions throughout the supply chain (Scope1+2+3*2).”
- WE have raised the reduction goal for “greenhouse gas emissions in production activities (Scope1+2).”
Due to revising the base year, the targeted reduction has increased by about 120,000 tons.
- Furthermore, in terms of contributing to the reduction of CO2 emissions in a society through our products, we have raised our goal to over 59 million tons a year in anticipation of further expansion of our energy and environment business.
The revised goals for both the “supply chain” and “during production” correspond to the “1.5°C level,” which is the accreditation criteria of SBTi*3
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) (held in December 2021)
- Scope 1: Direct greenhouse gas emissions from business activities such as fuel combustion.
Scope 2: Indirect greenhouse gas emissions from the use of electricity and other resources supplied by other companies
Scope 3: Indirect greenhouse gas emissions in the supply chain other than Scope 1 and Scope 2
|1:Products and services purchased||Fuel combustion||9:Transport/delivery(downstream)|
|2:Capital goods||Use of electricity||10:Processing of sold products|
|3:Fuel and energy purchases (outside Scope 1/2)||11:Use of sold products|
|4:Transport and delivery (upstream)||12:End-of-life treatment of sold products|
|5:Waste discharged from business operations||13:Use of lease assets (downstream)|
|8:Use of lease assets (upstream)|
- The International Climate Change Initiative (SBTi) was co-founded by UNGC (United Nations Global Compact), CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project), WRI (World Resources Institute) and WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature). It is an organization that assesses and certifies whether the greenhouse gas emission reduction targets established by companies and organizations in each country are “targets based on the science knowledge (SBT)” under the Paris Agreement.
Achieve a Decarbonized Society
Fuji Electric will contribute to the realization of a decarbonized society by implementing the following measures to achieve its 2030 goals.
Reduce greenhouse gas emissions (Scope 1+2+3) throughout the supply chain
Improve energy-use efficiency in energy saving products.
Reduce greenhouse gas emissions during production (Scope 1+2)
- Promote energy savings in facilities
- Increase the share of renewable energy
- Introduce solar power generation at our operating bases
- Purchase renewable energy
Contribute more to CO2 reduction in a society through our product
Promote the use of clean energy and energy-saving products
Achieve a Recycling-Oriented Society
Fuji Electric will contribute to the realization of a recycling-oriented society by advancing 3R activities at the Company and also at business partners and across the entire supply chain.
Minimize environmental impacts during production
Target ratio of waste sent to landfills of 1% or less
Reduce water use per unit of production
Promote green supply chains, collaborate with business partners and promote 3R activities across the supply chains
We will communicate our CSR Procurement Guidelines (established in 2020) to our business partners and carry out educational activities to minimize environmental impacts. We will also build 3R systems in collaboration with our business partners.
Accelerate development and design of eco-friendly products for advancing 3R activities
Achieve a Society that is in Harmony with Nature
Fuji Electric will contribute to the realization of a society that is in harmony with nature through its business activities, by expanding use of environmental contribution products, and through its social contribution activities.
Reduce environmental impact of business activities and products
Reduce chemical substances related to the environmental deterioration during production
promote the activity of nature protection through the community contribution
- Contribution to SDGs
- ESG Material Issues
- Environmental Vision
- Polices, Environmental Vision 2050
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Achievements
- Achieve a Decarbonized Society
- Recycling-Oriented Society
- Society that is in Harmony with Nature
- Respect for Human Rights
- Labor Practices
- Supply chain
- Regional contribution activities
- ESG Index
- Comparison with ISO26000
- External Evaluation
- Participation in initiatives