Environmental Vision 2050
Fuji Electric's Material Issues for Environmental Management
In light of global social trends, Fuji Electric formulated its Environmental Vision 2050 in 2019 with the aim of realizing a sustainable society. This vision clarifies the direction of our efforts to resolve environmental issues, which is an important role for Fuji Electric mainly handling energy and environmental technologies. The entire Group is united in its efforts to protect the environment by achieving the three major goals set out in the vision: “Realize a low-carbon society,” “Realize a recycling-oriented society,” and “Realize a society in harmony with nature.” We will continue pursuing more proactive and long-term efforts aimed at creating a sustainable society.
Initiatives Under Environmental Vision 2050
Fuji Electric will advance environmental initiatives within the Company and across its supply chain with the aim of contributing to the realization of a low-carbon society, a recycling-oriented society, and a society that is in harmony with nature.
Realize a Low-Carbon Society
Fuji Electric will contribute to the realization of a low-carbon society by supplying products that reduce CO2 emissions from society and by reducing greenhouse gas emissions during production.
Measures for Accomplishing Fiscal 2030 Targets
Reduce greenhouse gas emissions during production by 31% ( in comparison tiscal 2013 )
We will systematically implement switching to LED lighting, updating our air conditioning equipment, and establishing renewable energy systems such as solar power.
- Non-CO2 greenhouse gases: We will promote installation of gas detoxification equipment and alternative gasification systems.
Reduce 50 million tons of CO2 emissions through products annually
- Accelerate Companywide development and manufacturing initiatives
- Spread clean energy and energy-efficient products
Performances in the previous year
- Reduction of Greenhouse Gas Emissions During Production
- Reductions to CO2 Emissions through Products
Realization of a Recycling-Oriented Society
Fuji Electric will contribute to the realization of a recycling-oriented society by advancing 3R initiatives at the Company and also at business partners and across the entire supply chain.
Minimize environmental impacts during production
- Target ratio of waste sent to landfills of 1% or less
- Reduce water use per unit of production
Expand green procurement and then establish system for collaborating with business partners and promote 3R initiatives across the supply chain
- We will communicate our CSR Procurement Guidelines (established in 2020) to our business partners and carry out educational activities to minimize environmental impacts. We will also build 3R (reduce, reuse, recycle) systems in collaboration with our business partners.
Accelerate development and design of eco-friendly products for advancing 3R initiatives
Performances in the previous year
Realization of a Society that is in Harmony with Nature
Fuji Electric will contribute to the realization of a society that is in harmony with nature through its business activities, by expanding use of environmental contribution products, and through its social contribution activities.
- Reduce environmental impact of business activities and products
- We will enforce our Green Procurement Guideline to prevent restricted-use substances from tainting our products.
Fuji Electric’s Clean Energy, Energy-Efficient, and Environmental Contribution Products
Performances in previous year