- Year Events
- 1949 The research, development, manufacturing and delivery of radiation monitoring instruments was started.
- 1954 Our radiation survey meter was used to measure radioactivity on the fishing ship contaminated by the Bikini hydrogen bomb test.
- 1960 The first domestic radiation monitoring system (50 channels) was developed for and delivered to the first domestic nuclear reactor JRR3 of the Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute.
- 1966 The first domestic whole body counter was developed and delivered to customers.
- 1974 The GM-tube type personal dosemeter was developed and shipments started to nuclear power plants.
- 1977 We began marketing body-surface-contamination, laundry, and article monitors.
- 1984 We developed a compact, highly reliable silicon semiconductor detector earlier than other companies, and delivered it to customers as a component of a semiconductor type alarm dosemeter.
- 1990 Total shipments of our semiconductor type personal dosemeter passed the 10,000 mark.
- 1993 We began delivery of the main-steam-pipe radiation monitor and N16 radiation monitor to customers.
- 1997 We developed a multifunction personal dosemeter, which could measure X rays, gamma rays, beta rays and neutrons simultaneously. After operating Passive dosemeter and electronic personal dosemeters n parallel at facilities using radioactive materials for a while, the Passive dosemeter was abandoned and our electronic dosemeter used as the main measuring device. For the first time ever we had consolidated the measuring of X rays, gamma rays, beta rays and neutrons in one dosemeter.
- 2003 We won the Technology Service Person Advance Prize of the Japan Electrical Manufacturers' Association for our personal dose monitoring system.
- 2004 We delivered a 300-channel radiation monitoring system, which was the largest developed in Japan to that time, to the reprocessing plant of the Japan Nuclear Fuel. The system made a major contribution to the safe control of that facility.
- 2005 A personnel dose telemetry monitoring system was developed.
- 2008 We delivered a radiation monitoring system to the Japan Proton Accelerator Research Complex (J-PARK).
- 2009 We won the Historically Significant Device Prize of the Atomic Energy Society of Japan for our body contamination monitor and personal dosemeter.
- 2009 A semiconductor type surface contamination monitor was developed