ESGShareholders and Investors
Fuji Electric places the utmost emphasis on communication with shareholders and investors. We work diligently to disclose information in a timely, appropriate, and easy-to-understand manner.
Basic IR Activity Policy
We disclose information in accordance with various laws and regulations. Even if we are not required to do so by law, we also strive to disclose corporate information thought to have a significant impact on investment decisions in a timely, fair, and equitable manner, so that we might earn the trust of our shareholders and investors and ensure they have a proper understanding of the Company.
Communicating with Shareholders and Investors
IR Activities for Analysts and Institutional Investors
We handled more media coverage on conference calls or online, provided more elaborate information than ever to disclose at the IR briefings, and published more detailed IR information on our website in order to ensure that our shareholders and investors have a clearer understanding of our business environment, business strategy, and ESG initiatives.
Overview of the Main Initiatives in Fiscal 2022
Opinions of analysts and institutional investors
We actively engage in dialogue with analysts and institutional investors, and the information shared at briefings and the principal feedback and requests we receive during private meetings are shared with the executive officers and Board of Directors, so that we discuss them as management issues. The main opinions and requests received from analysts and institutional investors in fiscal 2022 are as follows.
Opinions on management and business
- Clarify the goals, strategies and measures of the next Medium-Term Management Plan
- Clarify long-term growth strategy and direction
- Promote measures to improve low-profit businesses
- Clarify and promote issues, strategies, and measures in overseas businesses expansion
- Promote human resources strategies and human capital investment linked to management strategies
- Ensure human resources cultivation for the appointment of internal female directors and the diversity of the Board of Directors
- Further reduce cross-shareholdings
Opinions on topics for information disclosure
- Take specific measures for further expansion strategies for the power electronics business and profitability improvement for the automation business
- Specific medium- and long-term business strategies for semiconductors
- State of progress of the expansion of the renewable energy and after-sales business of the power generation plants
- The direction and sales expansion strategies of the overseas food and beverage distribution business
- Take initiatives for the achievement of the Environmental Vision 2050 Target and present business strategies and plans consistent with the Environmental Vision Fiscal 2030 Target
- Enhancement of information disclosure concerning executive remuneration
IR Activities for Individual Shareholders and Investors
Fuji Electric has been holding factory tours since fiscal 2007 to help deepen the understanding of shareholders with regard to its business activities.
In fiscal 2020 and 2021, we suspended factory tours because of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, in fiscal 2022, we held them at Tokyo and Mie factory, ensuring the safety of shareholders and other investors.
We will continue to conduct IR activities with the aim of building and maintaining trusting relationships with shareholders and other investors.
Distributing Information through IR Tools
Fuji Electric uses a variety of means to provide IR information.
From fiscal 2011, the Company decided to issue a single “Fuji Electric Report” each year to provide shareholders and investors with an even deeper understanding of Fuji Electric and the full breadth of its activities. This report integrates the features of the Company's previously issued Annual Report, which focused mainly on the management and financial aspects of the Group, and the CSR Report, which addressed non-financial matters.
The aforementioned report is complemented by regular quarterly reports to shareholders as well as wide-ranging IR information posted on the Shareholder and Investor Information section of the Company's website.
Awards Related to IR
The 2022 IR Award
Fuji Electric has won the 2022 Best IR Award of the Japan Investor Relations Association as a company that deeply understands the purpose of and actively tackles IR and has achieved outstanding results, such as a high level of support from market players.
Awards for our IR site
In recognition of the ease of use and abundance of the information on the Fuji Electric IR site, among other factors, the site has won the gold prize in the Gomez IR Site Overall Rankings from Morningstar Japan KK (for the third consecutive year) and the Internet IR Commendation Award 2022 from Daiwa Investor Relations Co., Ltd. (for the fourth consecutive year).
Returning Profits to Shareholders
Fuji Electric’s basic policy is to first allocate profits earned from business activities to shareholders’ equity in order to strengthen its management base. After this is accomplished, the Company seeks to maintain sufficient internal reserves for research and development, capital investment, and human resource development from a medium-to-long-term perspective while issuing shareholder returns.
The Company’s dividend policy is to issue stable and ongoing dividends from retained earnings. Dividend amounts are determined based on a comprehensive evaluation of factors including consolidated performance in the applicable fiscal year, research and development and capital investment plans targeting future growth, and the outlook for the operating environment.
For fiscal 2022 we paid a full-year dividend of ¥115 per share, comprising an interim dividend of ¥55 and a year-end dividend of ¥60.
Note: Effective October 1, 2018, the Company conducted a one-for-five reverse stock split pertaining to shares of common stock. Amounts for cash dividends per share reflect this stock split.
Cash Dividends per Share（Yen）
Notes : Effective October 1, 2018, the Company conducted a one-for-five reverse stock split pertaining to shares of common stock. Amounts for cash dividends per share reflect this stock split.
|Dividend payout ratio (Consolidated)||18.9||24.2||13.6||25.5||23.0||23.3||19.2||26.5||28.4||39.7||29.0||24.3||26.8|
- Contribution to SDGs
- ESG Material Issues
- Environmental Vision
- Polices, Environmental Vision 2050
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Achievements
- Achieve a Decarbonized Society
- Recycling-Oriented Society
- Society that is in Harmony with Nature
- Respect for Human Rights
- Labor Practices
- Supply chain
- Regional contribution activities
- ESG Index
- Comparison with ISO26000
- External Evaluation
- Activity Archives
- Participation in initiatives