ESGShareholders and Investors
Fuji Electric places the utmost emphasis on communication with shareholders and investors. We work diligently to disclose information in a timely, appropriate, and easy-to-understand manner.
Basic IR Activity Policy
We disclose information in accordance with various laws and regulations. Even if we are not required to do so by law, we also strive to disclose corporate information thought to have a significant impact on investment decisions in a timely, fair, and equitable manner, so that we might earn the trust of our shareholders and investors and ensure they have a proper understanding of the Company.
Communicating with Shareholders and Investors
IR Activities for Analysts and Institutional Investors
We handled more media coverage on conference calls or online, provided more elaborate information than ever to disclose at the IR briefings, and published more detailed IR information on our website in order to ensure that our shareholders and investors have a clearer understanding of our business environment, business strategy, and ESG initiatives.
Timely disclosure (examples)
- Losses Caused Due to Product Defect (April 2021)
- Announcement of the Board of Directors' Resolution on Selection of New Market Segment “Prime Market” (September 2021)
- Notice Concerning Change of Representative Director (February 2022)
Explanatory forums for analysts
and institutional investors
- Financial results presentations
(May, July, and October 2021; January 2022)
- Management plan presentations (April 2021)
- Business strategy presentations (May 2021)
- ESG Meeting (March 2022)
Opinions of analysts and institutional investors
We actively engage in dialogue with analysts and institutional investors, and the information shared at briefings and the principal feedback and requests we receive during private meetings are shared with the executive officers and Board of Directors, so that we discuss them as management issues. The main opinions and requests received from analysts and institutional investors in fiscal 2021 are as follows.
Main opinions and requests
Opinions on management and business
- Promote measures to expand business in decarbonization-related businesses
- Clarify growth strategy and direction for fiscal 2024 and beyond
- Promote measures to improve low-profit businesses
- Appoint female Directors to ensure diversity on the Board of Directors
- Reduce cross-shareholdings
Opinions on topics for information disclosure
- Prospects for expanding sales in the power electronics business and competitive strategies
- Competitive advantage of SiC in the semiconductors business and measures to expand market share
- Progress in expansion of renewable energy and after-sales businesses in the power generation business
- Future growth potential of the vending machine market and measures to further improve profit margins
- Initiatives to achieve the target of Environmental Vision 2050
- Strengthening information dissemination related to our business opportunities in the initiatives toward achieving a decarbonized society
- Approach and measures to improve capital efficiency
IR Activities for Individual Shareholders and Investors
Fuji Electric has been holding factory tours since fiscal 2007 to help deepen the understanding of shareholders with regard to its business activities.
Because of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, in fiscal 2021 we canceled factory tours with top priority on the safety of shareholders and other investors.
We will continue to conduct IR activities with the aim of building and maintaining trusting relationships with shareholders and other investors.
Distributing Information through IR Tools
Fuji Electric uses a variety of means to provide IR information.
From fiscal 2011, the Company decided to issue a single “Fuji Electric Report” each year to provide shareholders and investors with an even deeper understanding of Fuji Electric and the full breadth of its activities. This report integrates the features of the Company's previously issued Annual Report, which focused mainly on the management and financial aspects of the Group, and the CSR Report, which addressed non-financial matters.
The aforementioned report is complemented by regular quarterly reports to shareholders as well as wide-ranging IR information posted on the Shareholder and Investor Information section of the Company's website.
Morningstar Japan KK
Gomez IR Site Overall Rankings 2021
Superior Company:Gold Medal（Overall 15th Place）
Daiwa Investor Relations Co., Ltd.
2021 Internet IR Commendation Award
Nikko Investor Relations Co., Ltd.
“Fiscal 2021 All Japanese Listed Companies' Website Ranking “
AAA Website (overall ranking)
Sector Ranking “Electric Appliances“ AA Website
Returning Profits to Shareholders
Fuji Electric’s basic policy is to first allocate profits earned from business activities to shareholders’ equity in order to strengthen its management base. After this is accomplished, the Company seeks to maintain sufficient internal reserves for research and development, capital investment, and human resource development from a medium-to-long-term perspective while issuing shareholder returns.
The Company’s dividend policy is to issue stable and ongoing dividends from retained earnings. Dividend amounts are determined based on a comprehensive evaluation of factors including consolidated performance in the applicable fiscal year, research and development and capital investment plans targeting future growth, and the outlook for the operating environment.
For fiscal 2021 we paid a full-year dividend of ¥100 per share, comprising an interim dividend of ¥45 and a year-end dividend of ¥55.
Note: Effective October 1, 2018, the Company conducted a one-for-five reverse stock split pertaining to shares of common stock. Amounts for cash dividends per share reflect this stock split.
Cash Dividends per Share（Yen）
Notes : Effective October 1, 2018, the Company conducted a one-for-five reverse stock split pertaining to shares of common stock. Amounts for cash dividends per share reflect this stock split.
|Dividend payout ratio (Consolidated)||18.9||24.2||13.6||25.5||23.0||23.3||19.2||26.5||28.4||39.7||29.0||24.3|
- Contribution to SDGs
- ESG Material Issues
- Environmental Vision
- Polices, Environmental Vision 2050
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Achievements
- Achieve a Decarbonized Society
- Recycling-Oriented Society
- Society that is in Harmony with Nature
- Respect for Human Rights
- Labor Practices
- Supply chain
- Regional contribution activities
- ESG Index
- Comparison with ISO26000
- External Evaluation
- Activity Archives
- Participation in initiatives