April 11, 2012 Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
Fuji Electric to Establish Post-Processing Production Facilities in Shenzhen, China
Fuji Electric Co., Ltd. announces today that it has decided to establish post-processing production facilities in Shenzhen, China for the purpose of expanding its business in China’s power semiconductor market.
- At Fuji Electric (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd., located in Shenzhen, China, a new wing will be constructed and new assembly and testing lines for the post-processing of power semiconductors will be installed.
- Fuji Electric plans to increase production after the new wing is completed, boosting production capacity to 50,000 units per month.
2. Investment amount
1.53 billion yen
3. Commencement of operations
Scheduled for September 2012
4. Background and purpose of the investment
- Fuji Electric estimates that the market for power semiconductors in China is worth about 300 billion yen and projects it to grow by over 8%※ by fiscal 2015. Accordingly, the Company regards this market in China as highly important.
※Compound Average Growth Rate, estimate by Fuji Electric.
- Through this investment, Fuji Electric will establish comprehensive operations spanning from development to sales of products tailored to the requirements of the local market, thereby realizing local production for local consumption and better enabling the Company to respond to exchange-rate fluctuations.
- With experience in operating Fuji Electric’s photoconductor business in China, Fuji Electric (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd., has already established an efficient production system that capitalizes on its existing facilities and locally based staff.
- While Fuji Electric has established production facilities for post-processing production in Japan, Malaysia, and the Philippines, the establishment of this facility in China will enable it to further diversify risks and more effectively provide a stable supply of products to customers.